Sunday 20 September 2015

Sunday Morning French Toast


Good afternoon! This is going to be a brief post, but a good one I think.

It's Sunday morning, which means food. And not just food... good food. The kind of food that you wouldn't normally have for an everyday breakfast. I made French Toast with Bacon and Maple Syrup! It was delicious!

This was a lovely breakfast. Along with some tea and my family! Outside mightn't have been so nice, but inside was lovely. With good food, good company and happiness, what more could I have wanted?

The ingredients that you'll need are;

- 4 pieces of White, slightly stale bread
- 3 Eggs
- 20ml Milk
- 10g Butter
- 2 slices of Bacon

Method:

- Heat a pan on a high heat with a knob of butter


- Crack 3 eggs into a bowl and whisk together with the milk until well combined.




- Pop two slices of the soaked bread into the pre-heated pan with a little butter at a time and cook until browned on one side.





- Once they are, flip them and cook on the other side.


- Pop these two cooked slices onto a non-stick baking tray in a warm oven to keep them warm when you are cooking the other two.


- Put a little oil in another, separate pan and cook the bacon medallions until cooked through and smelling gorgeous.

- Once they are all cooked, plate up and eat with some fruit. Had I had fruit, I would have added this. Maybe some melon, or strawberries or blueberries? Yum! I find that fruit always cuts through the sweetness of the maple syrup. What a wonderful combination!



And that's it! What a lovely way to start off the day!

I hope you will try this either for the first time or again as it is always a crowd winner in my eyes!

Talk again soon

No comments:

Post a Comment