Sunday 3 April 2016

B.R.E.A.D = Brillianlty, Ridiculously, Extremely, Addictive Delight


Hello again all and thank you for coming back to read another blog post! :D

It's Sunday! Have a great day everyone! Whatever you do, may it be filled with laughs, comfy slippers and best of all, yummy things to eat!

Yesterday I made 13 bread rolls and 15 Macaron. One was planned the other spontaneous! I'm a planner. Someone who needs to know what is going to happen and have a plan in place for most scenarios. Sounds tiring right? What can I say, it's the way I am, and you know something, I like who I am. I mean sometimes I get on my nerves, but doesn't everyone? So this spontaneous bake was a new thing for me. I normally plan out what I am going to bake for my bake of the day.

Sometimes I need something savoury and less sweet. This to me has always been and always will be bread. Glorious bread. I love you bread. Bread you are always there for me. Here is my poem about bread:



Ciara's Bread Poem (working title)

Bread, I hear what you said
For my heart you lead
Right into my head
So much was said 

With your doughy interior 
Crunchy exterior 
Have you looked in the mirror
It couldn't be clearer

The smell when you bake
It's better than steak
I love that you make
My oven awake

From the raw ingredients 
The simple obedience 
You meld together 
Just like a feather 

Slowly you rise 
Growing in size
You are so wise 
Told me no lies 

Once you were pale
Disgusting like kale 
Now you are bright 
So golden and light 

The texture when cut 
There is no shortcut
You are springy not clingy 
All fluffy and puffy 

Smooth layer of butter 
My heart went a flutter 
You make me cry
I can tell no lie 

One bite and I'm done 
You have my heart won 
Brighter than the sun
You make me want to run


Baked with care
I couldn't help but stare 
For nothing can compare 
That, I can declare 

By Ciara Venus Little. 03-04-16 @ 14:18


This bread is my favourite bread recipe and it is a Paul Hollywood recipe with one change, less water. I know, I know, that is a risky change, but for me and the way I make it, it just works. What can I say, I'm a maverick when it comes to bread. When you make a recipe over and over, you get to know it. You know the smell, the appearance, the feel and the texture of it. You and it are one.

I think we should carry on with what you will need to do to make this bread... :)



Ingredients:



- 500g Strong, white bread flour
- 360ml Lukewarm water (the recipe said 370ml water) - this is my small change to the recipe
- 10g Fast action yeast
- 10g Salt

- 10ml Sunflower Oil ~ this is for greasing the container and counter
- 10g Extra bread flour ~ this is to dust the trays for the bread and the counter top for kneading



Method:

- Measure out the flour, yeast, salt and oil and set aside until you wish to invite them to the party that is this bread dough.






- Drop the flour into the bowl. Add in the yeast on one side and the salt on the other. Don't mix them both together and then add them to the flour as this will deactivate the yeast and stop it from activating properly when the warm water is added.


- Using the dough attachment or a really big spoon, mix this altogether to ensure it is all combined. Add in the water, a little at a time, mixing in between additions. Repeat this process until all the water has been added. Knead the dough, either with your spoon, mixer or hand and knead until it is a smooth, elastic and combined.


- Knead the dough for 10- 15 minutes and once it is a smooth, elastic dough, shape into a ball. Using the bottom rims of you hands and a little of the oil as not to add too much flour, rotating anti-clockwise, tuck the bottom edges of the dough in towards itself.

- Place the dough into a greased, air tight container and leave in a warm place to rise. This should take around 2 hours. When the dough has had time to rise, and expand, check on it. My guide to know when it is finished rising, is when it fills the entire container, this or when it has more than doubled in size.




- When it is done, knock it back. Do this by taping the surface of it with the back of your hand and then tip out of the container onto a floured surface. Either knead briefly and shape into one large dough, or cut it into small rolls. I cut the dough into 13 rolls and these weighed around 80g each.






- Roll these into little ball shapes using slightly oiled hands. Place them onto a floured tray and then cover with oiled clingfilm. Leave these to rise again for around an hour.


- Preheat the oven to 200 C and place a baking tray at the bottom of the oven to heat up along with the oven.






- When they've risen, slice them on the top to allow the air to come out when baking and for the heat to penetrate the center of the roll.

- Peel away the clingfilm and pop these rolls into the oven to bake for around 30-40 minutes. Throw some ice or water into the tray that has been heating and shut the door quickly. This will create steam, which will create a lovely, crunchy crust on your roll.


- Once they are golden brown and baked fully, take them out of the oven and allow to cool until they are room temperature or cooled completely. Tap the base of them and if it sounds hollow they are done!









- Cut these open and eat them as is or butter them and enjoy. I had one toasted this morning for breakfast. Delicious!

I hope you've enjoyed this and I'll be back soon, blogging away again!

Thanks

Ciara








No comments:

Post a Comment