Sunday 3 January 2016

Aspirations Blog Post

Good afternoon all and to start off this post, I must say sorry, but not sorry really. There I go again, being indecisive and a little confusing... I am sorry that I haven't posted in a while, as I love posting about my baking adventures.

I have had orders since my last post, but the reason I haven't blogged about them is one simple reason. It was Christmas. Naturally, I was spending time with the family. And everyone is entitled to spend some good, quality, chilling time with their families. Hence, I'm not sorry... but in the politest way possible. :)



Since my last post, I've baked for Mince Pie orders, Coffee Cake orders, Coffee and Walnut Cake orders, Walnut and Butterscotch Cake orders, Coffee Macarons Orders... So it has been rather busy- which I can say with absolute sincerity and joy, that I loved, loved, loved it!



The feeling I get when I can see my business growing, little by little and beginning to develop a good reputation, is wonderful! I've never been so happy and content within myself and what I am doing and working hard to create and develop.



This post is not about what I've baked since my last post, but instead it is focused on what I want to bake. My aspirations.



I'm obsessed with baking- love it, right down to doing the dishes. And that is pretty dedicated. I mean, who likes doing dishes? It's like getting the cake, eating the cake, then having the remorse about eating said cake, as now you have the inevitable to deal with; the dishes and the desire for more cake. Except, I enjoy doing the dishes too- making everything clean and sparkling. There's something very satisfying about that.



I want to bake a lot of things, but these things need to be planned out,

A) I can't bake them all in one day- why? 

i) Timing for one.
ii) The small matter of eating it all. I love baking, but i'm not going to satisfy that need and desire, if it means waste.

B) I mightn't have all the ingredients in- why?

i) Some of the things I wish to bake require ingredients that aren't your normal staple in the kitchen.
ii) Storage for all ingredients is needed and I just have a little kitchen and a few storage areas, all of which are currently occupied. So if i'm going to bake something, I buy the ingredients I need in fresh and bake with them there and then. That way nothing is wasted or stored for too long.

C) Ingredients cost money- why?

i) It's how the world works.

ii) Ingredients don't grown on trees and that is why I budget what I want to bake and how strong a desire and craving I have for it. Which brings me to this, when I can't bake or don't have time, I like to blog about food and what I want to bake. Either that, or when I've had an order and want to blog about it.



Now onto what I want to bake, I dream about the things I want to bake. Have you ever loved anything so much, that you think about it all the time? I think about what I want to bake, what it would look like, taste like, smell like? I want to experience the textures of various dessert, how they compliment each other through the use of different ingredients and use this to influence my own bakes.



The things I want to bake, are not all things that I haven't tried, but some of them are bakes I want to improve and build upon and some are ones I haven't blogged about and would like to.





1) Donuts- 'cause who doesn't like donuts?
 (I just have to think of some way to avoid the whole- oil smell in the house- downside)

2) Ciabatta- I love the irregular air pocket pattern in them

3) Bloomer- The bread that always holds a warm spot in my heart
(Who knows why? I wonder what the best recipe is? How will I find it?)

4) Peaches Upside- down cake- because peaches are beaut

5) Brownies- they are so versatile and what's not to love about versatility?

6) Ice Cream- I don't have an ice cream maker, but that isn't going to stop me

7) Granita - There's a difference between it and sorbet. I've had sorbet, not granita... yet

8) Chocolate cups- who wouldn't enjoy a desserts where you could eat it all?
(Plus, there are so many different methods to make them, that needs to be investigated)

9) Tuile - why not?

10) Fondant Fancies - they seem awkward to make, but let's give it a go sure

11) Bagels- because I've never boiled and then baked bread

12) Sticky Toffee Pudding- my dog's name is Toffee.
(Not that this dessert is in any way for her, about her or because of her, it simply reminds me of her. Her name is Toffee. She is quite often sticky and as lovely as a pudding)

13) Fruit Loaf- I feel like it is the healthier of loaves

14) Soda Bread- It is delicious

15) Swiss Roll- It is fun to make

16) Fudge- Tried it once, burnt my hand... something about it exploding in the pot and all over my wee hand. My poor, wee hand...

17) Cheesecake - because digestives with butter rock!

18) Souffles - because life isn't stressful enough

19) Biscotti- it is in an episode of Gilmore Girls and it looked rather good

20) Eton Mess- it fits me perfectly- it's clumsy

21) Custard- I want to make ice cream, so why not do a before blog?
( Custard = Ice cream)

22) Carrot Cake- they don't all have to be sweet

23) Tiramisu - a classic

24) Baguettes - They are delicious, airy and wonderful

25) Chocolate Fudge cake- I made one the other day and it was yummy. So I'll blog about it soon when I make another)

26) Wheaten Bread- I've made it before and I'll make it again

27) Wholemeal Cheese Scones - who doesn't love cheese ?

28) Chocolate Mousse- yum

29) Top Hats- something my sister and I would make as children

30) Crackers- crunchy, crispy and lovely

...) Whatever else takes my fancy

So, i'm not going to pull a 'Julie and Julia' and set myself a time limit. Not because I don't think it would be a good idea, I love deadlines. They demand focus, perseverance and motivation. I am not setting one, as I don't think it is necessary, nor do I have any intention of rushing my way through these recipes. I want to test them, critique them and then, if I can make them my own by using my own ideas and taste preferences to change them and make them my own, I will do that too.



Well, that's it for now from me, but I will be back soon no doubt with more of my bakes in pictorial form. Until then, have a lovely afternoon and keep baking or at least reading this, in the hope that you will in fact bake one day...



Thank you again



No comments:

Post a Comment